Monday, January 4, 2010

Little People


I had to take a quick ferry today to deliver some materials and, lacking any other diversions, I drew. The son of a friend is in school for digital art (and will soon be published in ImagineFX, the magazine). I saw his sketchbook the other day and he had filled a page with the coolest small people drawings....so I wanted to see what I could do. I had a pen and a marker with me so for you marker drawers why not give this a try? The smallest figure is 1" and the largest is 2"....so this is only the top half of my sketchbook that you see. Pencil sketch a little and then ink in if you want. Just don't try and be too literal. Get the idea and large shapes down and then let the marker shading bring out the form. I only got a glimpse of each figure and drew from memory. It was fun. Thanks Cody, yours were much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment. I enjoy hearing what you have to say.