Monday, July 18, 2011

Above Wish-Poosh, 8x10


Often good things occur when thinking stops and feeling starts.  Today, with limited time at the end of an involved day, we had only an hour to make some sort of painting happen.  It didn't really matter if something of value came out, it was just important to slap paint around while standing in a beautiful setting.  With scenery like this how bad could it get?  I like the abstract qualities.

Now off to Montana for a couple of weeks....some painting, some reading, some hiking, a little work and visiting a good friend.  If I can get some decent photos I'll post....if not there should be something when we get back.

Thanks for all your comments.  I like reading them.

Keep drawing.  Keep painting.  Keep on with whatever gives you joy.

5 comments:

  1. Nice painting! I really like the strong simple shapes.
    Hi to Montana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the painterly quality of this, the looseness of the brushwork. I think you should do more one-hour paintings at the end of a long day. Most of us just come up with hot messes. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beauty Darrell! Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was looking for something equivalent this, and finally got it here in your blog. This is really fascinating, and I am sure I will check it back soon. Just be sure you update it with original concepts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delightful! I do enjoy seeing what you are doing. Also enjoy your notes. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete

Make a comment. I enjoy hearing what you have to say.