Saturday, October 22, 2011

Restored Ford, 8x10


My car broke down.  After teaching last Tuesday morning my car wouldn't start until I banged it with a hammer.  So it was off to Mac n'Jacs, the local car repair.  There I was with time to kill and in the parking lot was this 1936 Ford.  How fortunate.  It fit right in with my recent truck paintings.  First it was pumpkins, now trucks.  I can't wait to see what will be next.

Notice how the dark of the truck in front of that white wall brings your sight to that area of the painting.  I insured your attention in that spot by making the red sun glow in the front tire slightly stronger than the rear.  Well, that's what I was trying for....hope it worked.

Only one more truck waiting in the studio for its turn....

By the way, Rob Weiss has been turning out some gems lately.  Go HERE to see them.

1 comment:

  1. I'm diggin the trucks Darrell! What a great way to pass the time waiting for your car to get fixed!

    Thanks for the link buddy!

    The weather will be good this week...Lets get together and paint! I have Monday and Friday available?

    ReplyDelete

Make a comment. I enjoy hearing what you have to say.