Thursday, January 19, 2012

Gone South, 8x8


I got an ironic kind of chuckle out of this.

Scheduled to teach the beginning of a six week oil painting class we had a snow storm move in, canceling most everything.....including getting down our driveway.  Emailing everyone as quickly as I could before the power could go out I tried to accommodate as many folks as I could with suggestions for a make up session.

Waiting for the emailed answers to come in I painted this out our kitchen window.  Two colors.  (For the painters it was Transparent Indian Red and Ultramarine Blue.)

Finishing I went in to check the email.  Almost everyone had replied but as I sat there another whooshed in.  Two students had decided to bag it, cancel my class and go to Tucson for a month.

Like the hummingbirds that left the feeder for warmer climes, so did these folks.....and they didn't take me with them.  Ah well.  I bet they'll miss the rain.....

5 comments:

  1. Amazing what two colors can do, remarkable

    ReplyDelete
  2. You captured the snowy light perfectly in this.At least as I remember it. We've had a 65 degree winter here in Charlotte this year...no need to go to Tucson...we need to fly to WA. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'd love to go south too!

    Yes, they will miss the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make it look so easy. Lovely painting. I looked out of the window and wondered how I would portray it and basically chickened out. I did make a quicky atmospheric late in the day oil pastel, but one could barely pick out that it was a snow scene.
    Gillian

    ReplyDelete
  5. ....YOU ARE AN ARTIST W EVERY MOMENT OF YOUR BEING.....FINE. HUMMERS STILL STOPPING BY OUR HARDY FUSCIA AND LOOKING AT THE HONEY SUCKLE. WITH TUCSON THEY WILL MISS OUR GUARANTEED TWO WEEKS OF SUN AND DRYING WINDS IN FEBRUARY!!!! SEE YOU AT WINSLOW ART CENTER SOON....COFFEE? RANDY KELLER

    ReplyDelete

Make a comment. I enjoy hearing what you have to say.