Saturday, August 25, 2012

Painting Winners!


Over a hundred comments from thirty plus people!  Thanks for all your input and compliments.  How to pick was a problem as I couldn't see cutting up that many little slips of paper to put into a hat.  Then I had this pie chart idea and remembered that since Gary and Debbie were cruising in Alaska that their dart board wasn't being used.....  Brilliant.

So I threw six darts from a long way away and, with my own little system of rules, was able to randomly select winners.  First place goes to Marilyn Gottlieb, a wonderful photographer and long time commenter to this blog.

BUT....there was a tie (how could THAT happen?)  for second place so two people get to select after Marilyn makes her choice:  Blanche Niznik and Carol Collier.  Congratulations.

The winners can choose from 'Harbor Walk', 'Cape Naden', 'Along the Dock', 'Evening at the Cove', 'Heirloom Roses', 'Ran's Beach Chairs', 'Log Raft' and 'Canning Time'.  Let me know which one you like, Marilyn, and I can then let Blanche and Carol know what they can choose from.

I had a good time....hope you did too.  I'll do this again so stay tuned. 

4 comments:

  1. WOO-HOO - I WON!!! I choose "Heirloom Roses", which I still think are not roses - but that adds to the attraction. Thank you Darrell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blast! Besides having a great grasp of perspective, what a great…grasp of perspective…such artists have to pour so much heart into something so ephemeral.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun way to pick! Darrell ~ you made us laugh! And how in the world did you miss that huge maroon space from the person who commented constantly? (Was that my piece of the pie?)

    Guess it makes sense in the game of darts!

    ReplyDelete

Make a comment. I enjoy hearing what you have to say.