Thursday, October 18, 2012

Giving in to the iPad

I should be posting some of the plein air paintings from Maine and Montana....and I will soon.  Collapsing on the couch at the end of the day is all I seem capable of.  While on the couch I picked up my iPad and, after years of resistance, began doodling on it and came up with the above drawing taken from a newspaper picture.

The results got me interested enough to take it to a modeling session today.  After painting the woman I had an extra twenty minutes so hauled out the iPad.  I didn't clean it up at all so you can still see the initial block in lines as well as my mistakes.



Just thought you'd be interested.  I haven't changed my mind completely.  I still prefer tactile media but for the convenience it's great.  They were done with a pressure sensitive stylus.

OK.  Next post will have some paintings.

2 comments:

Make a comment. I enjoy hearing what you have to say.