Monday, February 25, 2013

Two from PAWA


PAWA, the Plein Air Painters of Washington, had their annual meeting yesterday and we had a great time.  We painted.  We ate.  We saw old friends.

Here are two paintings from the event.  The portrait is the way it came off the easel.  The still life, because I was slapping paint pretty fast to get it finished. needed another twenty minutes work this morning.

Gail says that I should never paint fake flowers because that's what they always come out looking like.  This is a great example of me not taking her advice.  By the time you read this it very well may be reborn as something else.  It has some nice parts and I certainly enjoyed the experience of painting it....but it is a great linen board that could be ???

Rob Weiss did the same setup from a different angle which you can see HERE

.

1 comment:

  1. The portrait is a stunner Darrell! You captured the models serene countenance..I like the flowers too! Nice fresh color and brush stroke!

    Great painting with you again! The year is looking good for lots of opportunities to sling paint together!

    ReplyDelete

Make a comment. I enjoy hearing what you have to say.