Saturday, April 6, 2013

Palms of San Carlos, 10 x 12


Ever need a winter break and, unexpectedly, find yourself in Mexico painting with two good friends?  No?  So sorry for you.....(he says, gloatingly).

When I go somewhere else to paint it usually takes me up to the last day to begin to see the color well enough to do a decent job of representing the area.  I don't know what happened this time but it all seemed to flow the way I wanted it to.  This is the first one I did on the trip.  I won't post them all, just the more interesting ones.

Lately I've been interested in brushwork, finding that line between interesting paint application and enough accurate description that you have an idea what I'm seeing.   I haven't gotten 'there' yet but with this piece I was satisfied that I'm headed in the right direction.

The next five days are predicted to be rain mixed with low clouds.....you need a break.  Go somewhere and paint.

1 comment:

  1. This painting transports the viewer to tropical breezes and white sand beaches! A day dream I could enjoy right now!

    Love the color zingers!

    Welcome back Darrell, when the weather here gets nice again in July sometime....Lets go painting!

    ReplyDelete

Make a comment. I enjoy hearing what you have to say.