Friday, July 12, 2013

Bloedel Barn, 16 x 18


Downton Abbey on Bainbridge.......

.....is how I describe the Bloedel Reserve.  Streams, ponds, reflecting ponds, Japanese garden, formal gardens all spread around on a huge estate with a period main house.

This was the site of the first day of our plein air workshop during the last weekend of June.  We had a great time even though I circled the place four times trying to find people.  I got my exercise.

I also did this as the morning demonstration painting.  As in the last several posts, this is just the three pigments mentioned before.  I'm getting more and more enthralled with that limited palette, although I will occasionally add one more pigment when the painting calls for it.

If you are able, Tim Deibler will be teaching a workshop next weekend, 19th, 20th, and 21st.  Tim is a nationally known painter with a book and several dvds in publication.  From watching those vids I know he explains the painting process very well and, from all I've heard, is a very nice man.  If you can make the workshop you won't be dissatisfied.  Contact the Winslow Art Center

Here is a photo of the demo in progress taken by my friend Nancy.  If I look indecisive, I remember that's how I was feeling just at that moment, wondering how to interpret the fore ground in paint.

Artist in indecisive moment.


1 comment:

  1. Love the posting! And what a wonderful place to spend the day, days, weeks, months! Keep on sharing your news. We enjoy seeing what's happening.

    ReplyDelete

Make a comment. I enjoy hearing what you have to say.