Tuesday, July 15, 2014

John Deere, 24x24



When I was two I drove my first tractor....

....and I've loved them ever since.  My grandfather used to drive his around the orange groves visiting his Mexican neighbors and friends with me on his lap.  Those memories are vivid.

This one has sat in a Roslyn, WA field for at least the last 4 years or more.  It began as a field study posted below.  The buildings, the tractor and the bank in back weren't exactly canted as much as you see here but it seemed to work better with the raking shadows of those trees .....that you only see the shadows of.

Delivering about a dozen paintings tomorrow to the Roslyn Fest being held this weekend.  And after delivery we will find a cool mountain place and.....get this.....paint.



There is one spot open for the trip to Italy.  It's not too late to be adventurous and have a blast painting and drawing.....or eating and sleeping, take your pick.  Winslow Art Center has all the details.


1 comment:

Make a comment. I enjoy hearing what you have to say.