Thursday, October 14, 2010

Waiting For Work, 8x10


A bunch of old farm machinery on a rainy Fall day sit waiting to be useful.  It reminds me of a possible Disney movie.  Of course they will perform an heroic deed by the end of the film, saving the female lead.

And just so you won't be kept waiting in suspense, here is the outhouse painting (Quick Stop, 11x14).  I think I chuckled the whole time I was doing it.  For reasons I don't pretend to understand it became an instant hit with the other painters on a great three day weekend of rain, cold and strong winds.  Even these paintings look cold.

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha - finally the outhouse!
    I love how everything in the composition leads you to the outhouse - the road, the grass, the truck, the telephone lines, the hills...

    ReplyDelete

Make a comment. I enjoy hearing what you have to say.