This is my....
.....second attempt to paint this group. I had tried it a few evenings before and bombed (see below) so came back a few nights later for another shot at it. I think that if I counted there would be about half the number of lily pads represented here that were actually there. As it was I was going cross-eyed trying to sort out an interesting view.
Here is the painting from before...sorry about the glare on it....and the resulting panel which was repurposed for this one. I've found that some panels/canvases have to painfully learn what it is they are supposed to do. Sometimes it takes multiple attempts for one to begin cooperating.
Of course that's a bad joke, but it feels like truth sometimes. I have panels with five wiped off paintings leftovers underneath.
Thanks for looking!