Thursday, January 6, 2011

Garden Variety, 20x20


Tomorrow I may wake up, see a glaring error and wish I hadn't posted this.....but this is today's effort set up by a painting friend, Wendy.   An amorphous pile of red leaf lettuce was difficult to make convincing but I think it gets helped along by being surrounded by veggies and in that context becomes 'lettuce'.

This is acrylic which I like to use for several reasons.  In this case I wanted to experiment with color changes which, because the medium dries so quickly, makes it easier to quickly throw on a color to see how it works and not have everything get muddied around.

Painting garden stuff I'm reminded that the days are getting longer once again and every time I remember it I have a little internal celebration....often several times a day.   This is something folks in the Pacific Northwest understand.

2 comments:

  1. Nice Post!
    I would like to know more about your blog.
    You may also visit my blog and tell me what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reads as lettuce to me! I like this composition and the broken color shapes....It works!

    ReplyDelete

Make a comment. I enjoy hearing what you have to say.