Monday, June 9, 2014

Snowballs and Poppies, 12x12


Snowballs in Spring....

....are one of those blossoms I always look forward to.  They are the consolation prize for just missing the lilac season.  They were all over Roslyn, WA but this one had real character....and obviously some survival skills.

I should have taken a before and after shot; that background hill was actually higher and, at first, I painted it that way leaving no room for a sky.  In terms of composition it wasn't the best so I lowered it and let a little of the morning spill in.  Much better.

It was hot.  How hot?  Hot enough that my white kept sliding down off the palette.  Had to catch it several times before it cascaded onto my shoes.

That's why my next stop was the shade of a big Ponderosa pine and a jug of water.

 I suffered for my art.

Quote of the day:

"Understate, overstate but NEVER tell the truth."
                                                           Charles Movalli


No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment. I enjoy hearing what you have to say.