Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Ron Lukas Demo



Ron Lukas....

.....continues to strongly influence the way I paint.  Watching him pull together a painting was hypnotic because it seemed so effortless (it wasn't) and fast.  He could turn a large piece of canvas into visual candy in about 90 minutes or less.

A number of people have asked to see his work.  I have pics of several of his demos and this was the first one I saw him do at a workshop that I just lucked into.   I think this was where I first met Guido Frick (HERE), another awesome painter with a great spirit.  It was at a cabin/art center owned by Diane McClary (HERE).

Anyway, here are the pics in progression.  If you'd like to see another let me know.  I've heard he no longer paints in oil but is working in acrylic when he has the time.  He is still doing work for the movie industry.  Click on the images for a closer view.










Thanks for looking.  Back again soon.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Darrell,
    Fun to see these pics on your blog. It's been quite a long while ago since those workshops in Cle Elum, WA. Looks like you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed seeing this demo. FABULOUS!
    He works the same as Ovanis Berbarian. I guess he, Lukas and Frick follow the methods of their teacher, Sergei Bongardt.
    I know that Ovanis helped me more with color than anyone else ever has.
    Thanks for taking the time with this post.

    ReplyDelete

Make a comment. I enjoy hearing what you have to say.