Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Helene, 14x18


Vocal artist, attorney, supporter of the arts,......
......I first met Helene when she was hosting art displays of a mutual good friend, Bill Johnson, at her home.  She probably appears a bit older in life than you see in this painting, but I paint what I see....and sometimes what I want to see.

I think the first task of an artist is to convey a feeling, and, secondly, to make an interesting painting.   Hopefully I did both of those successfully.  After that, if you can get a likeness, so much the better.    We are all working toward better.

The colors are pushed slightly and the reds, especially in her face, are not that intense.  I still like the result.  

Thanks for looking.  I'll be back soon with some of the Maine paintings.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful expressive portrait - the kind of portrait I can only aspire to paint at the present time. Love the vibrant red hues. And who would not be absolutely thrilled to look "a few years younger"! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Darrell. Nice work, color, brush strokes, drawing, emotion and description

    ReplyDelete

Make a comment. I enjoy hearing what you have to say.