Thursday, April 23, 2009

Marker to Monotype Followup



As a followup to the Marker to Monotype workshop demo:

I've included the drawing and painting done in the mountains last October. Compare orginal drawing, subsequent painting and monotype (from the last blog entry), and note that each is a different expression of the same scene. Thought you might find it interesting.

That day in the Cascades was one that is hard to forget. Not only was I painting with one of my best friends, but a weather change came over the mountains looking like one of those 'just before the end of the world' scenes we see in the movies. I've never seen so many different cloud formations boiling over the peaks. If God had spoken at that moment it would have fit right in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment. I enjoy hearing what you have to say.