Monday, December 13, 2010

Johnson Farm, 16x16


Ever have pieces that just don't turn out?  Every year on New Year's Day I go through the pile of paintings/drawings of the past year and start tossing.  It feels good to unload and dump the pieces that went south for various reasons.  Occasionally I'll keep a few of the rejects and see if someday a solution might appear.

This painting was saved from the reject pile seven years ago or so and I stumbled on it the other night looking for a new panel.  A solution came to me a few minutes later and here is the result.  Now there's a chorus of rejects all begging for a second chance.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful piece! I'd love to see the "before" and see what changes you made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Deb. What did you change? Beautiful result.

    ReplyDelete

Make a comment. I enjoy hearing what you have to say.