Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Gouache is Not Hungarian Hotdish


Friday and Saturday are scheduled for a workshop on painting in one of my favorite mediums, gouache.  The first exercise we will do is experimenting with color.  While it is a good idea to make color charts, they are time consuming and a bit too linear for me.  (Yes, I do them anyway.)

Instead, we will be doing abstracts.  In this illustration I've selected three primaries and just using two at a time made small paintings in which one of the two hues is emphasized.  The last two use all three pigments.  This is a good way to play with color, shape, value and composition while still finding out some of the color possibilities without making a chart.

Interested?  Sign up by Thursday evening at Oil and Water Art Supply.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment. I enjoy hearing what you have to say.