Saturday, October 1, 2011

Atumnal Roses, 12x16


Since its nice to paint with company, a group of us get together on Thursdays to work from a model or sometimes a still life.  Walking to the studio on probably one of our last sunny somewhat warm days I spied these flowers hanging over the lawn.....and that was it for me.  I couldn't bring myself to go inside and instead sat in the lawn with a winter coat on.  Remember, I said 'somewhat warm'......but I exagerrated. 

When the roses were finished....(OK, 'when I was finished' as the roses are still going on with their thing)  I moved inside and found a surly crowd grumbling mightily about the still life I had set up......but I'll save that story for a later post.

I'll be back in a couple of days.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment. I enjoy hearing what you have to say.