Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Artwalk Demo, 16x18


Fifteen feet away a five piece band was playing.  People swirled around me meeting and greeting.  Occasionally I had to shoo folks away from standing in front of the still life setup so I could see it.  A little kid kept running up to share his latest drawing.....'see....this is where the bad guys blow up the sun'...  A few wanted to talk to me about painting, and a few others wanted to know how I could paint in a maelstrom.  (Beats me.)

All in all, last Friday's Artwalk was a lot of fun.  The music was good, the people were nice and the energy was positive....except for that sun destruction thing.

When I look at this piece I'm reminded of a comment by Bill Reese who said, while showing us around the artwork in his home, 'There is only one work I've done that I wouldn't change if I did it over', and Bill must have done thousands.  No matter how well we do things we could make them better.   It must be what keeps us trying with whatever we attempt....

1 comment:

  1. Yes, amazing that you could do a painting under those conditions! I love the flowers and the way the light is hitting them. You have an amazing way of painting a beautiful and convincing flower with what look to be a few simple strokes. The one thing that bugs me in the picture is that knife - my eye keeps falling down to it when I really want to look at the pretty flowers and the bottles.

    ReplyDelete

Make a comment. I enjoy hearing what you have to say.