Monday, February 6, 2012

February Artwalk Demo, 11x16


Pulled from the brink of value/color disaster this little painting looks deceptively simple....but, once again sitting in the middle of a party, it held my attention for almost two hours .   I've never bungie jumped off a high bridge but doing this one seemed like how that space between jumping off and hoping something stops you before hitting the rocks must feel.

This is gouache.  My Gouache Workshop for this year is on February 24th and 25th.  If you haven't heard me say it before, gouache is a terrific medium for learning to paint as well as producing quality art pieces.  It's like watercolor.  It's like oil.  Mix and Match.  Join us if you can.

Apropos of nothing, did you know that in the 18th and 19th century that when one wanted to paint 'outdoors' that a portable greenhouse was set up with a heater to keep ones digits warm.  Must have been for the 1%.   Brings a whole new concept to the idea of packing light.

2 comments:

  1. This turned out great Darrell! I don't know how you were able to concentrate with all that activity around you and people bumping into you!

    Hope to take your workshop! Never tried Gouache but I have a box of old paints someone gave me....

    ReplyDelete

Make a comment. I enjoy hearing what you have to say.