Sunday, December 2, 2012

Pemaquid Point, 2 8x10's

Pemaquid Point 1, 8x10

Pemaquid Point, Maine.  A beautiful and fascinating rock outcropping jutting out into the Atlantic Ocean where, because the rock strata has been tilted allows you to stand touching rock with your feet 80 million years apart.  The whole formation is about 500 million  years old.  Each band catches the light differently varying the color and texture.

Pemaquid Point 2, 8x10

I got caught up in the colors of all those rocks finding things I never expected to be there.  The longer the look, the more was there.  I didn't get it 'right'....so I'll have to go back next year and try to bring back a truer feel of this exciting place.

I was painting with my friend Cathe Gill and my new Maine friend and painter, Mary Byrom.  Her blog and website are well worth visiting HERE.  She posts lots of pictures and is a very prolific and talented artist.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Darrell, these are great! I especially enjoy the greens in there.
    i know the area well and where you stood. I hope next time you will invite another new friend. Hint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see these paintings Darrell! Thank you for your kind words. Looking forward to more painting adventures!

    ReplyDelete

Make a comment. I enjoy hearing what you have to say.