Sunday, May 18, 2014

Beach Rose, 12x12


Cannery Cove....

....was on the way home from the grocer store and I figured I had time to do a drawing or two before the rain came in.....but when I got there these wild roses reached out and seduced me to paint them.  I always fall for a pretty face.

It took more time than a drawing and when I quit after 45 minutes the drops were just beginning... but I had a good time doing it.  I changed a couple things when I got home: the hue of the water became bluer and the bush to the right became a little darker, both done to help the foreground pull closer and be better delineated.

Like the last one, this is a painting done with no solvent.  It's a great freedom not to have to use it, even for brush cleaning.  While I dirty more brushes, I also use fewer paper towels and the paint is more fun to move around.  Who knew....

There is an absolutely full Marker Workshop next weekend that I am looking forward to.  It's a terrific way to draw and experiment with your art.  Maybe between now and then I can post a few drawings.   Be well.  Keep drawing....


2 comments:

  1. I like this - it seems rare in a painting that the marine world and 'English' garden should meet - it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This painting is beautiful! I am presently going through your book again for a second time. I need the values reminder! Happy Painting,
    Nora

    ReplyDelete

Make a comment. I enjoy hearing what you have to say.