Sunday, March 22, 2015

Gone With The Wind


 Our informal Portrait Group.....
.......meets every Thursday at Studio 12 during the rainy months.  We drag all sorts of people in off the streets to pose for us.  This woman runs a boutique here on the island next to Roby King Gallery.

I've been doing quick ones on 9 x12 Canson paper using oils.  Works great but the paper does make the paint sticky after a few minutes and blending is impossible.  Cheap, though, and I don't blend all that much anyway.  I think they call it 'tiling' the paint.

I give myself 45 minutes to an hour to do one of these so I've been able to jamb in four before our session ends.  Good practice.  Here is another in Raw Umber, white and some Ultramarine Blue mixed in for the intense darks.


The face portion is three times the size of the colored one and you'd think, because it's easier to paint larger, that it would have come out better.  Oh well.  Tomorrow is another day.  (Wasn't that the last line after 3 1/2 hours of watching Gone With The Wind?)

And another exploration of face color from two weeks ago.  Her I used Quinacridone Red, Cad Yellow Light, and Prussian Blue....and one of Daniel Corey's favorite simple palettes.   His blog is HERE.

Stern looking....but this was about color....and I like that.


Thanks for looking.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment. I enjoy hearing what you have to say.