Saturday, September 18, 2010

Gouache Practice

Greetings from the coast of Maine.  I'm here to paint and to attend a workshop with Colin Page....which has just ended.  A rejuvenating experience with a group of good painters.

Before the workshop I did half a dozen gouache studies of whatever caught my attention while sitting by lake McGunticook.  Just playing around with color without the complication of oils.


Gouache is such a nice medium.  Quick studies can happen easily and, since they work almost like oils I find them a great substitute when I don't want to set up an easel.  Each of these is about half or a third of my sketchbook page in size and so are personal and intimate studies. 


By the way.  Maine goes from summer to cold Fall in about two weeks.....but it is so beautiful and around every corner is something to paint, which is what this next week is about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment. I enjoy hearing what you have to say.