Thursday, December 23, 2010

Waisted Curves, 16x20


How often in life have you run across someone who dresses everyday as if it was 1898?  This subject was so deserving of a much larger canvas but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to get down at least a sketch.

An author, milliner, seamstress and now model, Sarah and her husband both dress in period costume and give lectures on the subject.  Her book, Waisted Curves: My Transformation into a Victorian Lady is available from her website.  She began wearing a corset two years ago and you can see her before and after pictures on her site.  Worth the visit.


By the way, they drive a DeLorean while wearing their tophat and shawl (ok, maybe not the tophat).  Another painting of her in Victorian dress is HERE.  Her waist is actually smaller than I painted it.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link to her website - I've seen her around town. What a diverse and interesting person. Very nice painting too - I like the play of warmth and coolness.

    ReplyDelete

Make a comment. I enjoy hearing what you have to say.