Monday, June 20, 2011

Morning Blossoms, 11x14


While walking up the street the contrast of the hard edge of the buildings hitting up against the amorphous plants caught my eye.  I've learned that what holds my attention even for a second is something to followup on.  The more I do it, the more in tune I get to what my vision of the world is.  I talk about it in my book on marker drawing....it's actually the point of the whole book.

The uprights of the power poles and their angular support breaks up all the horizontals in the sky, building and land forms, keeping the flow going around the painting.

To enter for the free painting remember to go to my blog at: http://darrellanderson.blogspot.com/ and make a comment to enter.  Every comment improves your chances.  If you select 'Anonymous' as your profile, be sure to include your initials so I can send you your painting should you win.

3 comments:

  1. Nicely done. I like how the lilac bush going up the hill is balanced by the solid roof and the green tree on one side and held in place by the poles on the other side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you paint grass.......especially like the aqua and orange in this one....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the violet telephone pole. Also the color and loose brush work of the foreground.

    ReplyDelete

Make a comment. I enjoy hearing what you have to say.