Sunday, April 8, 2012

Spring's Blossoms, 11x14


Easter Sunday.  While riding the ferry back from an early Easter breakfast I was thinking that all our holidays are about appreciation, recognition and hope (OK. Halloween doesn't exactly fit too well).

Hope is what keeps me going in life, and there is nothing so much that way than the flowers of Spring.  So many blossoms coming out in a flurry of color and shape, each one designed for the future....yet so fragile and temporary.  I like the internal patterns of the branches in this painting as they frame quirky little vignettes of the sky, flowers and leaves.

There are a some other blossoms I have in mind to paint if the weather and my energy level and my commitments all line up that I can actually get to them.  Can't wait.  I'm hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment. I enjoy hearing what you have to say.