Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Caught, 8x16 quick sketch


So many of my painting friends are traveling somewhere cool to paint.  One is going to San Miguel de Allende, three are in Maui, and, of course, there are the two who can't decide on their house in Mexico or their house in Tucson.  I won't even mention the ones in Maine or Montana.

With that in mind I walked thirty feet across the driveway to paint this one.  Admittedly it wasn't far or exotic but buried in the woods I did feel 'away'....and it wasn't raining.

This is a study for a larger piece I want to do.  I love the negative shapes formed by all the branches and bushes.  Can't wait to get started on the bigger one.

If you get a chance check out Dan Corey's latest piece from somewhere in Maine.  His blog has the plein air piece with the scene.....and then he did a different and much larger version.  Both are very impressive.  Love his color.  See it HERE.

1 comment:

  1. I love the colors in this painting Darrell.....so green. I can smell the moss. You didn't have to travel far to paint something cool.

    ReplyDelete

Make a comment. I enjoy hearing what you have to say.