Sunday, August 3, 2014

Marrowstone Morning, 10x12


First I saw the trees....

....silhouetted against the sky and decided to paint.  Then I got even more interested in the puzzle pieces in the sky and land that tended to mimic one another.

The trees are still the main actor but all those in the supporting cast are sure busy.  That distant hill and the trees are the calm parts.  The rest of the painting has 'ants in the pants'.

Like so often happens, I had a tendency to unconsciously 'organize' the scene, not paying attention to the necessary randomness needed to make it 'right'.  As a result, it got wiped out several times before calling it finished.

Warm and cool, warm and cool.....

Say.  I think I just saw a crocodile....see him?

1 comment:

  1. You captured the scene with a nice lead in from the boggy salt flats. This group of trees has yanked me off the road a few times in the past! Great painting!

    ReplyDelete

Make a comment. I enjoy hearing what you have to say.