Thursday, October 6, 2016

Pumpkin Patch, 8x10



Pumpkin Patch, Bainbridge Island....
....is the place where all the coolest kids hang out this time of year....and me too.  Nothing like a pumpkin to signal Fall.  By the way, I grew up in the Halloween Capitol of the World (Anoka, MN) and, despite attracting every goblin, elf and witch around to the yearly event, I survived.

I painted this a couple of years ago.  Actually, I painted it twice; once in a more subdued 'realistic' style and right away in this one where I painted it like I felt it.  In the first one....no, I'm not posting it....I felt all constrained after it was finished.  This one felt like a party had happened.

I touched it up a bit the other day so felt I could repost it as it reads differently.

Although I have tried to be more subdued I think it's not me....at least not yet, maybe not ever.  Marianne Elson (HERE) from Anchorage put one of her paintings on a mug and sells it.  I bought it because I liked the painting but I like even more the saying on the back:  'Do Not Judge My Story By The Chapter You Walked In On'.  Fits.  Things are still happening.

Gallery story.  Took this piece into a gallery along with some others.  They rejected this one because they said they had never sold a pumpkin painting.  What do you think?

Thanks for looking.  I'm off to teach in Italy for a bit.  Maybe I'll have something to post when I get back.




1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the shout out Darrell....I love that saying too. It applies to everyone, and something I need to keep in mind when I'm meeting someone new. I hope you are well out there in the world!

    ReplyDelete

Make a comment. I enjoy hearing what you have to say.