Friday, April 22, 2011

Holding Firm, 8x10


Treehouse Point, Fall City.  When I was growing up and being exposed to job options for later in life, world renowned tree house builder was never mentioned....and yet, here I was painting on a property with I don't know how many tree houses on it that can be rented out and people come from all over the world to stay here and learn to build these things.  This place has been featured on the Today Show, Good Morning America, and all kinds of programs and publications.  Somehow this was not one of my choices.   I might add here that no one mentioned being a painter either, but that's another story.

Perhaps there is something in this painting about holding firm in the face of turmoil which is what I've been feeling watching events unfold in this country.....alas, that too is another story.....for a different blog.

Suffice to say that this is the river running through the property.....and it was completely enjoyable to paint it on the first sunny day of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment. I enjoy hearing what you have to say.